Gold medal for Southwold-based Adnams’ Copper House Dry Gin in International Wine and Spirit Competition
- Credit: Archant
Southwold brewer and distiller Adnams is celebrating more awards – and a sales boost – for its flagship gin brand.
Adnams Copper House Dry Gin has picked up a gold medal in the category for gins ideal for drinking with tonic in the 2017 International Wine and Spirit Competition (IWSC) which recognises quality and excellence in wines, spirits and liqueurs from across the globe.
The judging panel described Copper House Dry Gin, which also received a Silver Outstanding award as a standalone gin, as: 'Generously flavoured and confident, with sublime balance and approachability.
'An engaging interplay of juniper and citrus is set beautifully against quinine, and lifts off on a lingering finish,' they added. 'Made for tonic water – this is a superb match!'
The latest awards for Copper House Dry Gin, which won the IWSC's overall World's Best Gin title in 2013, coincide with new data from market analyst Nielsen showing that it now ranks among the top 25 best-selling gins in the UK take-home market.
You may also want to watch:
In response to the growing popularity of the brand, Adnams has also recently launched the spirit as a ready-made gin and tonic in a can.
Adnams also picked up silver medals for three more of its gins at this year's IWSC – Adnams First Rate Triple Malt Dry Gin, Adnams Rising Sun Gin and Adnams Sloe Gin.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
Adnams Single Malt Whisky also received a silver medal, Adnams Longshore Triple Malt Vodka (winner of the IWSC World's Best Vodka title in 2014) won bronze this year and, in the packaging design category, there was also a bronze for Adnams Rye Hill Vodka.
Emma Hibbert, marketing director at Adnams, said: 'We are always delighted when our spirits perform well at the IWSC. It's an incredibly prestigious competition and judges drinks of the finest quality.
'Winning at the IWSC not only acknowledges the care and attention to detail we put into our products but also confirms that our spirits are amongst some of the best in the world.'