Gold award for Wymondham Slimming World expert
A weight loss expert from Wymondham has struck gold for the work she does in helping more than 240 people in the area to lose weight every week.
Debbie Smith, who runs the Hingham and Wymondham Slimming World groups, was presented with a Gold Award at the national slimming club's annual awards ceremony in Birmingham on June 16 because of her success in supporting slimmers to reach their dream weight.
In March, she became one of Slimming World's 'gold consultants'. The accolade is awarded in recognition of achieving the highest levels of support for slimmers, and giving expert advice to help people reach their weight loss goals week after week. It places her in the top five per cent of the organisation's 3,500 consultants.
She said: 'I am delighted to have received the Gold Award. I love my job, I'm passionate about helping people to change their lives by losing weight and seeing them succeed is reward enough so being given this recognition really is the icing on the cake.'
'The Wymondham group has really put healthy weight loss on the map in South Norfolk. Together, they've lost an amazing 353st 5lbs this year.'
You may also want to watch:
The Wymondham group meets every Wednesday at the Methodist Church, in Town Green. For more information call 01603 813316.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 8 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park