Beauty salon opens in former home of Top Hat fancy dress
- Credit: charlotte croft
An independent beauty salon has opened in the former site of Top Hat Fancy Dress, which closed in March last year.
Glambox on St Benedicts Street specialises in eyelash extensions but also offers a range of other treatments including manicures and body waxing in their private beauty rooms.
The business was set up by Charlotte Croft from Norwich.
The 28-year-old said: 'I began doing a course in beauty therapy at Great Yarmouth College in 2008. Once I qualified I teamed up with my mum and we worked together for five years, building a strong client base.
MORE: Top Hat fancy dress shop to close after 30 years in Norwich'Three years ago I decided it was time to set out by myself, so I created Glambox, which was originally based on Magdalen Street. As business got busier and busier, I started looking for a new shop in 2016 and after viewing many places I found the perfect location to relocate to.'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'After a complete transformation, Glambox opened in its new location and I couldn't be happier. It's a real dream come true.'
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 9 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 10 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers