Girls become inseparable for 24 hours in aid of Thetford cheerleading club
- Credit: Nadine Forde
We all had friends we were inseparable from in school – but two girls took this to the extreme to raise money for a cause close to both their hearts.
Brooke Forde and Megan Tigue spent 24 hours tied together at the wrist and ankle, taking part in activities which tested their teamwork and dexterity.
The nine-year-olds were raising funds for the Thundercats gymnastics and cheerleading club in Thetford, of which they are both members, which is fundraising for a new sprung floor in its studio.
Brooke and Megan began the 24-hour tie-up at 11.36am on Saturday, November 19 at the studio in the Charles Burrell Centre.
During the day they tackled challenges around Thetford including making a cake, playing drums, walking three-legged, wrapping a Christmas present, eating doughnuts and pizza, pitting cherries, doing each other's make-up and even sleeping together.
You may also want to watch:
At 11.36am on Sunday they were unshackled, but Brooke's mother Nadine Forde says their friendship remains intact.
In total they raised more than £250 in sponsorship for Thundercats.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 City draw up target list
Ms Forde called it 'a great achievement'.
Have you and your friends done something quirky for charity? Email email@example.com