Girlguiding looking for more adult volunteers in King’s Lynn area
- Credit: Archant
More adult volunteers are needed in the King's Lynn area to give girls and young women, aged from five to 25, the opportunity to discover their full potential through girlguiding.
Girlguiding is the largest organisation for girls and young women in the UK, but at least four units in the area are struggling to run efficiently, because of a lack of volunteers.
Chris Bramham, Anglia region development worker, said: 'Girlguiding is on the lookout for volunteers in and around King's Lynn to help enrich the lives of local girls and young women.
'The 16th King's Lynn Brownies and other groups in the area have become so popular they need more volunteers to help give even more girls the amazing opportunities available through guiding.'
Volunteers are especially needed early evenings on Thursdays for the 16th King's Lynn Brownies, 2nd King's Lynn North Rainbows, and 9th King's Lynn Rainbows, and on Mondays for the 17th King's Lynn Brownies,
You may also want to watch:
All units enjoy a varied, girl-led programme of activities, incorporating everything from world issues and science to adventure sports and social action.
Girlguiding welcomes volunteers of all backgrounds, abilities and faiths. Volunteers can train to be leaders, or just be in support roles.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
To find out more call Chris Bramham on 07585 973546 or email ChrisB@girlguiding-anglia.org.uk
Do you need more volunteers where you work? Email firstname.lastname@example.org