Girl, 11, assaulted on Great Yarmouth seafront
- Credit: James Bass
An 11-year-old girl was assaulted in Great Yarmouth on Friday night.
Emergency services were called at around 10pm on February 24, after a girl was attacked by an unknown woman near the Marina Centre on Marine Parade.
An ambulance crew was called, after the girl suffered what were described as superficial head injuries, treating her at the scene.
She was not required to be taken to hospital by ambulance and was left in the care of her family.
Great Yarmouth Police have now appealed for witnesses, as the victim only saw the back of her assailant's head in the assault.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was also not caught on CCTV camera.
Anybody with any information regarding the assault is encouraged to contact Great Yarmouth Police on 101, quoting crime reference 36/20941/17.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 4 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 5 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 10 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
Alternatively, they can anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.