Girl, 11, assaulted on Great Yarmouth seafront
- Credit: James Bass
An 11-year-old girl was assaulted in Great Yarmouth on Friday night.
Emergency services were called at around 10pm on February 24, after a girl was attacked by an unknown woman near the Marina Centre on Marine Parade.
An ambulance crew was called, after the girl suffered what were described as superficial head injuries, treating her at the scene.
She was not required to be taken to hospital by ambulance and was left in the care of her family.
Great Yarmouth Police have now appealed for witnesses, as the victim only saw the back of her assailant's head in the assault.
The incident was also not caught on CCTV camera.
Anybody with any information regarding the assault is encouraged to contact Great Yarmouth Police on 101, quoting crime reference 36/20941/17.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 4 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 10 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
Alternatively, they can anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.