Get your tickets to Great Yarmouth Beer and Cider Festival
- Credit: Archant
Beer and cider lovers will be descending on Great Yarmouth next month as the town's St George's Theatre stages a popular annual event.
The theatre will be playing host to the Great Yarmouth Beer and Cider Festival between Thursday, May 18 and Sunday, May 21.
This will be the fifth time that the beer festival has been held at the theatre since its renovation was completed in 2013.
It is also the eleventh spring-time ale and cider festival held in the town since it was launched in 2007. The festival will see more than 50 real ales and ciders on tap from regional and national brewers.
All the beers and ciders are selected by beer sommelier Day Harvey who will be on hand during the festival to discuss the selections and ensure that the beers are kept at their optimum over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The festival will be open for a number of lunch and evening sessions starting with the opening on Thursday, May 18 May at 5pm.
This will be followed by lunch time sessions between 11am and 3pm and evening sessions between 5pm to 11pm on the Friday and Saturday.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 More than 300 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
It finishes with a lunch time session between 11am to 3pm on Sunday, May 21.
As in previous years, live music will play an important part of the festival.
There will also be food and snacks available in the pavilion building next door along with a selection of alternative refreshments and, weather permitting, tables and chairs for festival goers to enjoy their food and beer outside.
Advance tickets for all sessions are now available through the St George's Theatre booking office with prices varying from £3 to £5 depending on the session attended.
Visit www.stgeorgestheatre.com or call the box office on 01493 331484.