Get your skates on! Ice rink to open in Cromer - for one week only!
- Credit: Nick Butcher
New attraction set to open in North Lodge Park next month.
A synthetic ice rink is being constructed in Cromer to keep everyone entertained during the half-term holidays.
The new attraction is set to open in North Lodge Park on Tuesday, February 14 - Valentine's Day.
However, it will only be open for five days so visitors are urged to get their skates on and book their tickets.
The half-term fun, which coincides with the school break, has been organised by the Friends of North Lodge Park with support from North Norfolk District Council.
In a statement, the group which looks after the park said: 'We are very excited to announce that in February half term there will be a chance to skate in Cromer.
'The rink will be in North Lodge Park from Tuesday, February 14, until Saturday, February 18, and open from 10am to 5pm every day.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 4 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 7 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 8 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
'There will be 45 minute sessions (£5 per person per session) which will give skaters a full 30 minutes on the rink. Skates will be provided.'
Pre-booking tickets is recommended at http://northlodgepark.org.uk/synthetic-ice-rink-cromer but tickets will be available on the day.
Children who are not confident on the ice can use ice skating penguin aids.
The statement added: 'Please note there is no parking in North Lodge Park, but there is lots of parking in the town.'