Generous donation made to Mind support line
- Credit: Mind
A generous donation has been made by Reepham Rotary Club to help keep a much-need mental health support line afloat.
The Mind support line came under threat last year when funding for it was withdrawn.
But the donation will help it continue and Arthur Hawes, who was president of the club last year, said they were able to give more money than they usually would. Mr Hawes, who was previously Archdeacon of Lincoln, said he chose Mind as mental health had always featured in his work.
'I've done mental health for around 43 years, and it's where we need to be looking anyway when the system is breaking down,' he said.
The support line takes around 40 calls a night from those who need help an advice whether they are a service user or a carer. The club also donated to SOBS this year - part of a national charity which supports those bereaved by suicide.
You may also want to watch:
• The support line number is 08088 020288 and is free.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 10 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident