General entry for Run Norwich 2018 sold out
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
General entry for Run Norwich 2018 has sold out.
There are only under 200 charity places left for the 10K race which will see thousands of runners pound the streets of Norwich city centre on Sunday August 5.
The free charity spots are in aid of the Community Sports Foundation.
More than 6,800 places for the annual event sold out just six weeks after entries opened.
It is the fourth year of the 10K race which will take in a number of the city's most famous landmarks including The Forum, Norwich Castle and Norwich Cathedral.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Gilding, a member of the Run Norwich Race Operations Board, said: 'Entries have rocketed since the race launched in January.
'We are absolutely delighted that so many people want to be part of Run Norwich and are very much looking forward to staging a fantastic event for all.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
This year's entries have beaten last year's record entry total - 6,000.
People who want to take up a charity running place have to raise a minimum of £100 for the Community Sports Foundation.
Participants need to be at least 16 years old or over on race day.
The Community Sports Foundation helps more than 38,000 people every year achieve different goals through football and sport.
It mainly supports some of the most disadvantaged, disabled and talented people across Norfolk.
The foundation is the official charity of Run Norwich 2018.
Other fundraising events for the foundation taking place this year include:
?An endurance go-kart race at Ellough Park Raceway on Saturday March 24 from 9.30am-12.30pm;
?A mini coastal walk challenge on the Norfolk Coastal Path on Sunday April 22 from 10am-8pm;
?The Holkham 10K race from Holkham Hall on Saturday June 30 at 12pm;
?A Dean Ashton Golf Day at Sprowston Manor Golf Club on Monday October 1 from 10.30am-7pm.
Any runners taking part in this year's Run Norwich can transfer their place up until Friday June 15.
Anyone wanting to do this must do it via the Run Norwich 2018 website www.runnorwich.co.uk The event does not have a waiting list.
Visit www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk for charity details.