Drivers warned of delays due to road closure
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned that delays are likely as a road is closed for more than a week.
Roadworks will be carried out and diversions put in place as Thurston Road in Lowestoft is closed to traffic betweeen March 18 and March 26.
With access to pedestrians and cyclists maintained at all times, UK Power Networks and Cadent are carrying out the work.
A Cadent spokesman said: 'Cadent are carrying out essential gas maintenance in the road to replace old iron gas mains with more durable plastic pipes.
'This is to ensure we continue to provide safe and reliable gas supplies to local businesses and residents.'
You may also want to watch:
According to the Suffolk Roadworks map, during the closure of Thurston Road a diversion route via St Peter's Street, Boston Road and Crown Street West will be in place.
Keep up to date with the latest delays by viewing our Live Traffic Map.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge