Gargoyle and marble statue stolen in Watton and Swaffham church thefts
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police are appealing for information after a spate of thefts from churches in Watton and Swaffham.
A gargoyle was stolen from a church near to Watton between 10am on Friday January 10 and 5pm on Wednesday January 15.
It was chiselled out from the wall of the church porch and is described as a female head, wearing a head scarf or shawl and is about 25cm by 25cm.
All Saints' church on Brandon Road in Hilborough was also targeted between Thursday December 19 and 5pm on Saturday December 28.
A marble statue of mother and child, along with two wooden staves, one with a brass cross on top and the other a brass crown were stolen from inside the church
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact the sergeants' office at Dereham Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'