Gap to close in Norwich and be transformed into luxury restaurant The Ivy
Fashion retailer Gap is set to close its Norwich based store.
The shop on London Street, which sells clothing for men, women and children, is to shut in February.
A Gap employee told this paper: 'We've been informed the store is officially closing on February 25 but I think it will close before then.
'We're not taking any more orders, we just have what you see here. When everything is gone, we'll shut and the last few days have been very busy so I don't think it will take long.'
They added: 'The shop isn't relocating, once it shuts, the closest Gap will be in Cambridge.'
You may also want to watch:
Upon closure, the building is to be converted into an Ivy Collection restaurant.
Owned by Troia Restaurants Limited, The Ivy Collection is a range of grills, brasseries and cafes which are said to bring the 'inimitable service and vibrant surroundings' of The Ivy restaurant in London to locations across the UK.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
The restaurants offer full service from breakfast through to dinner, with their menus featuring a selection of modern British cuisine.
Troia Restaurants Limited have applied to Norwich City Council for a premises licence.
The proposed licensable activities include regulated entertainment in the form of recorded music, the supply of alcohol and late night refreshments.
They are also requesting opening hours of 8am until 12.30am Sunday to Wednesday and 8am until 1.30am Thursday to Sunday.