GALLERY: Hewett School does the mile in style for Sport Relief
More than 800 students met the Hewett School's Sport Relief challenge to 'do the mile your style' yesterday.
They were joined by around 50 members of staff to come up with imaginative ways of completing the distance – including in three-legged teams, leapfrogging and running backwards.
'Everyone really enjoyed the event and got into the spirit of things,' said David Nevard, the school's charity and fundraising co-ordinator.
'The staff and students all had a good time, and finished by crossing the line to collect their certificates and medals.
'We had a lot of three-legged runners, and one who did it by forward rolling.
'Some of the girls even did it complete with handbag, doing their best to look as glamorous as possible on the way round.'
On Wednesday, 10 teams of staff and students staged the Great Hewett School Bake-off, the products of which were sold to raise funds on Thursday.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 8 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 9 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
The school expects to raise around �1,000 for causes in the UK and abroad from its week of activities.
You can share your pictures and stories from Sport Relief weekend on our www.iwitness24.co.uk site – whatever you're up to, upload your pictures and let people know about it.
The best of the weekend's action will be in a full round-up in Monday's Evening News.