Fundraising of funeral director provides boost to two Norfolk charities
- Credit: Picture: Nelson's Journey
A local funeral directors has given its support to a pair of Norfolk charities.
Family-run directors Arthur Jary and Sons Ltd, which has branches in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston, dedicated the month of December to fundraising for two good causes - children's bereavement charity Nelson's Journey and East Norfolk Riding for the Disabled.
The two charities have benefitted from a memory tree run by the directors, which invited people to make donations in memory of somebody dear to them throughout the Christmas Period.
Each charity received £587, with the funeral directors matching donations they received pound for pound.
Sean Thompson from Arthur Jary and Sons Ltd, who nominated the charities said: 'Thank you to all who contributed towards the Christmas Memory Trees this year, you can see how much of a difference your generosity can make to someone's life.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns