Fundraising for community centre roof hits first milestone
- Credit: Archant
A campaign to repair the roof of a much-loved community centre has reached its first milestone.
Fundraising for the roof of the North Wymondham Community Centre has reached raised £1,000 of its £20,000 target.
The amount is a collection of donations from individual residents, a Wymondham-based business and from organised fundraising events.
The community centre, in Lime Tree Avenue, is charity owned and run by volunteers. It relies almost entirely on hire income to cover the £6,000 annual running costs.
The need to find an additional £20,000 in a short time has proved a major challenge for the small group of trustees and supporting volunteers.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the charity said that they were hoping to build on the success of their fundraising efforts, 'with the next event being a Chocolate Fest in the hall on Saturday, March 10 from 2.30pm till 4.30pm'.
For information about the the hall, contact 01953 606709.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'