Fundraising for community centre roof hits first milestone
- Credit: Archant
A campaign to repair the roof of a much-loved community centre has reached its first milestone.
Fundraising for the roof of the North Wymondham Community Centre has reached raised £1,000 of its £20,000 target.
The amount is a collection of donations from individual residents, a Wymondham-based business and from organised fundraising events.
The community centre, in Lime Tree Avenue, is charity owned and run by volunteers. It relies almost entirely on hire income to cover the £6,000 annual running costs.
The need to find an additional £20,000 in a short time has proved a major challenge for the small group of trustees and supporting volunteers.
A spokesperson for the charity said that they were hoping to build on the success of their fundraising efforts, 'with the next event being a Chocolate Fest in the hall on Saturday, March 10 from 2.30pm till 4.30pm'.
For information about the the hall, contact 01953 606709.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm