Fundraising event for one in a million baby Victoria Komada
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising event is due to be held this weekend at Louise Deli on Upper Giles Street for the family of Victoria Komada.
The one-year-old from north Norwich needs to raise more than £300,000 by her second birthday to have corrective surgery to her legs.
She was born with one in a million condition bilateral tibial hemimelia, and doctors in the UK recommended amputation.
Pioneering surgery at the Paley Institute in Florida needs to be done by June and involves a 12-month stay in the USA and three operations.
'There is some chance she would be fully healthy and walk normally,' said Daruisz Komada, Victoria's dad.
You may also want to watch:
During Saturday the owners of Louise Deli will be raising money with a raffle, coffee and cakes.
Donations for Vicki can be made at www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/grzegorz-komada or on Facebook at Uratujmy nozki Victorii.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 5 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 8 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 New owner of business park could have lost trade without purchase