Fun, laughter and colourful costumes at annual Pancake Day races in Swaffham
- Credit: Ian Burt
Runners turned out in their shroves as Swaffham Lions hosted the town's annual Pancake Day races.
Competitors aged from as young as three to in their 70s battled it out in a series of races in Swaffham Market Place.
The runners wore colourful fancy dress and there were teams representing Market Cross Cafe, Tesco, Swaffham and Litcham Home Hospice and Sacred Heart School, amongst others.
Tesco beat Market Cross Cafe 3-0 in the final to take the prestigious Swaffham Lions frying pan trophy.
Dennis Tallon, activities chairman for Swaffham Lions, said: 'It was fantastic. There were a lot of colourful fancy dress outfits and people really took the spirit of the day to heart.
You may also want to watch:
'This is the fourth year we've run this and while some money is raised for good causes it is mainly to have a community event and to bring joy and pleasure to people.'
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument