Youngsters enjoy Friends of Plantation Wood fun day in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Youngsters enjoyed a day of crafts and activities in a community woodland.
The Friends of Plantation Wood, in King's Lynn, laid on fun and games in the green space they have been restoring and looking after since 2011.
Secretary Nicola Marray-Woods said: 'We had about 64 along, so a reasonable turn-out. We had more children than adults, from tiny babies to 16-year-olds.
'We had face painting, we had a corner for doing footprint butterflies, board games, we had an area for making clay faces on trees, bug hunts - it was really nice, everyone got stuck in.'
the next activity planned is a Gruffalo hunt during the October half-term holiday.
You may also want to watch:
The group also holds regular clean ups, to keep the wood off Gaywood Parkway looking spick and span.
Before it was formed, the site was plagued by fly-tipping and anti-social behaviour.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 8 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 9 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 10 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village