Youngsters enjoy Friends of Plantation Wood fun day in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Youngsters enjoyed a day of crafts and activities in a community woodland.
The Friends of Plantation Wood, in King's Lynn, laid on fun and games in the green space they have been restoring and looking after since 2011.
Secretary Nicola Marray-Woods said: 'We had about 64 along, so a reasonable turn-out. We had more children than adults, from tiny babies to 16-year-olds.
'We had face painting, we had a corner for doing footprint butterflies, board games, we had an area for making clay faces on trees, bug hunts - it was really nice, everyone got stuck in.'
the next activity planned is a Gruffalo hunt during the October half-term holiday.
The group also holds regular clean ups, to keep the wood off Gaywood Parkway looking spick and span.
Before it was formed, the site was plagued by fly-tipping and anti-social behaviour.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 5 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 6 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 7 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 8 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
- 9 Norfolk-born entrepreneur is second richest person in country
- 10 GP allowed non-clinical staff to change medications, inspection shows