Full details of bus arrangements in Norwich during Lord Mayor’s Celebrations
With the various road closures around the city for the Lord Mayor's procession tomorrow, temporary bus arrangements have been put in place.
Temporary bus stops will be located on Surrey Street and All Saints Green, outside John Lewis, between 2.30pm and 7pm for all on-street service departures affected by the road closures.
After 7pm buses will depart from Norwich bus station.
The park and ride services to Thickthorn, Harford, Norwich airport and Sprowston will all run until 7.30pm, although some will be forced to take slightly different routes to the bus station - with the Thickthorn service running until 11pm.
First and Konectbus services will run normal Saturday bus timetables throughout the event.
You may also want to watch:
A travel information line has also been set up, on 01603 212626, which will be staffed from 9am to 10.45pm, with recorded information available at other times.
First buses is offering a reduction in the price of its Two Trip ticket in support of the Lord Mayor's Celebrations.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Normally a Two Trip ticket is �3.90 for Adults and �2.60 for Children, but the special promotional ticket will be available for just �2.00.
This ticket will be available from 2pm today.
The area of validity that the ticket can be used in is also being extended, to be valid in zones 1-5.
Norwich City Council has appealed for all people coming to the event to use park and ride, train or bus services, or to walk or cycle where possible.
First Buses will operate from the following stops from 2.30pm onwards until the last bus of the day.
Departures from Norwich Bus Station
- Bay 1 Service 13 - Attleborough
- Services 14/14B/15/15A - Wymondham
- Services 10/10A/10B - Mulbarton
- Bay 2 Service X1 - Dereham and Peterborough
- Service 18 - Long Stratton
- Service 12B - N&N, Dussindale and Wroxham
- Bay 3 Services 25 and 35 - Rail station
- Bay 4 Service X1 - Yarmouth and Lowestoft
- Bay 5 Service X2 - Lowestoft
- Bay 6 Service 11 - Sprowston
- Service 26 - Horsford
- Service 27 - Hellesdon
- Service 27A - Hellesdon, Hercules Road
- Service 29 - Drayton and Traverham
- Bay 9 Services 25 and 35 - UEA
- Bay 12 Service 9 - Lakenham
- Bay 13 Located at top of layover bays alongside YMCA railings
- Service 16 and 16A - Old Catton
- Services 19/19A/20 – Heartsease
Departures from All Saints Green, outside John Lewis
- Services 16/16A/19A - Costessey, Queens Hills
- Services 19/20 - Costessey
- Services 21/22 - Bowthorpe
- Service 28 -Thorpe Marriott
Departures from Surry Street, outside Norfolk Tower
- Services 9/9A - Ives Road (last bus 18:08)
- Services 10/10A - Spixworth (last bus 18:14)
- Services 12/12A - N&N Hospital (last bus 17:55)
- Services 12/12A - Dussindale, Wroxham and Stalham (last bus 18:39)
- Services 17/17A - Brundall and Blofield (last bus 18:17)
- Services 17/17A - Tuckswood (last bus 18:18)
- Services 24/24A - N&N Hospital (last bus 18:18)
- Services 24/24A -Thorpe St.Andrew (last bus 18:37)