If you can eat café's huge 'gutbuster' breakfast you get it for free
- Credit: Sam's Café
A café in Norwich is running a bumper breakfast challenge and those that manage to clear the plate get it for free.
Sam McGhee opened Sam's Café in Vauxhall Street just before the first lockdown in 2020.
Despite the challenges of the last two years, it has become one of the city's most popular spots for fry-ups, tasty lunches and Sunday roasts, with the latter also available for delivery.
For those looking for some serious fuel to kick off their day, Mr McGhee offers a 'gutbuster' breakfast for £15.
It comes with six each of bacon, sausages, hash browns, eggs, black pudding, fried tomatoes and toast, along with nine chopped mushrooms, a bowl of baked beans and a large tea or coffee.
If diners can scoff it all in 45 minutes they get it for free and earn a spot on the wall of fame.
Mr McGhee, 23, said: "So far 20 people have tried and failed, a 16-year-old boy got the furthest but still had about four sausages, bread and a bowl of beans.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 6 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 7 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 8 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 9 City councillor investigated after Facebook golliwog post complaint
- 10 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
"Loads of people have said that it would be easy but the proof is in the pudding."
Sam's Café is open Monday to Friday 8am-4pm, Saturday 8am-3pm and Sundays 9am-2pm - follow @samscafeteria on Instagram