From vintage trains to dinosaurs: Check out the top ten things to do in mid-norfolk this Easter
Now the Easter Holidays are upon us we are taking a look at the top ten events in mid-Norfolk that will keep the whole family entertained.
1. Vintage and Collectors Fair – North Creake Village Hall – April 15
The popular North Creake Vintage and Collectors Fair is celebrating its 17th year making it the longest running two day event of its kind in Norfolk. Held at North Creake Village Hall from 9:30am until 5pm this popular fair is packed with a wide range of antique, vintage and collectable items to fit all desires and budgets.
Entry is £1 for adults and under 18s are free.
2. Vintage train trip in the heart of Norfolk – Mid-Norfolk Railway, Dereham – April 15 – 17
Climb aboard a vintage train for a trip through the Heart of Norfolk countryside. On board the Heritage Railcar train there will be a free Easter treat for every child, as well as colouring competitions. They will also have the opportunity to sit behind the driver to see how the train is driven.
3. Easter Egg Hunt – Dereham Windmill, Dereham – April 17
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
The Dereham Windmill is bringing back of their popular Easter Egg Hunt, offering children the chance to search out hidden eggs and to meet the Easter Bunny who will hand out chocolate eggs and drinks when the hunt has finished.
The first hunt will be at 1.30pm and the second at 3pm. Entry is £1.50 per child.
4. Egg-cellent Easter – Dinosaur Adventure, Lenwade – April 1 – 17
Celebrate Easter by meeting the fascinating attractions at Dinosaur Adventure, including seeing animatronic dinosaurs in natural surroundings. The award-winning family attraction will be hosting special Easter related activities and events, starting on April 1.
5. Gressenhall Goes Wild – Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse, Dereham – April 17
Become a nature detective by venturing into the woods and getting up close to fascinating animals and insects.
It is open from 10am to 5pm and admission is £11.95 for adults and £9.55 for people aged 4-18.
6. Dereham Walkers – Dereham – April 15 - 17
The Dereham Walkers Are Welcome group is hosting two events this Easter with a six-and-a-half mile walk for families on April 15, followed with a 'Walk in Wonderland' treasure hunt on April 17 for children and families.
7. Easter Eggstravaganza - Pensthorpe Natural Park, Fakenham – April 1 - 17
Search Pensthorpe Natural Park for giant Easter Eggs dotted around the park. Find them all you will be rewarded with a chocolate egg. You can also take part in an Easter craft activity at 3.30pm each day, where you can make an Easter themed card to take home.
8. Easter Car Boot and Yard Sale – Cats Protection Dereham Adoption Centre, Dereham – April 16
Find plenty of bargains at an Easter car boot sale, from clothes and games to toys, books and cat accessories. Refreshments will be available including bacon rolls, cups of tea and coffee, and hot cross buns. You can also try your luck at the Easter Egg raffle.
Admission is free.
9.Fakenham Easter Funday – Fakenham town centre – April 16
Test your fitness with an Easter 5K or 1K Fun Run on closed roads. The circuit will take you through the town centre and everyone will get a medal. All children entering the Fun Run will also get an 'Easter Goodie Bag'.
Registration is at the Fakenham Community Centre on Oak Street.
10. Easter Bunny Hunt - Gooderstone Water Gardens, Swaffham – April 14 – 17
Make your way through the six acre water garden in an effort to find 12 Easter bunnies hiding in the Garden. Find them all and win a chocolate Lindt Bunny.
Entry is £3 per child and £6.50 for adults.