Fritton Lake’s park and adventure playground closed to day visitors
- Credit: Archant
Fritton Lake's park and adventure playground has closed to day visitors as part of plans to 'steer the resort in a new direction.'
Access will only be allowed to customers who pay to use the outdoor centre, campsite and lodges.
The news was confirmed on the Fritton Lake Outdoor Centre Facebook page, who operate as an independent business on the site: 'Fritton Lake Park and Adventure Playground is no longer open to the general public unless you are staying in The Fritton Lake Retreats or have booked activities.'
Adrian Nichols, operations manager at the Somerleyton Estate, said: 'The centre is closed until March, but when it reopens it will change from day visitor to resort based.
'We will be putting up new signs in the area as we steer the resort in a new direction, and focus on our campsite, lodge, and activity centre customers.'
You may also want to watch:
The site, located just off the A143 Beccles Road between Great Yarmouth and Beccles, is owned by the Somerleyton Hall Estate.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 4 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 7 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 10 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich