Fritton Lake’s park and adventure playground closed to day visitors
- Credit: Archant
Fritton Lake's park and adventure playground has closed to day visitors as part of plans to 'steer the resort in a new direction.'
Access will only be allowed to customers who pay to use the outdoor centre, campsite and lodges.
The news was confirmed on the Fritton Lake Outdoor Centre Facebook page, who operate as an independent business on the site: 'Fritton Lake Park and Adventure Playground is no longer open to the general public unless you are staying in The Fritton Lake Retreats or have booked activities.'
Adrian Nichols, operations manager at the Somerleyton Estate, said: 'The centre is closed until March, but when it reopens it will change from day visitor to resort based.
'We will be putting up new signs in the area as we steer the resort in a new direction, and focus on our campsite, lodge, and activity centre customers.'
You may also want to watch:
The site, located just off the A143 Beccles Road between Great Yarmouth and Beccles, is owned by the Somerleyton Hall Estate.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital