Friends pay tribute to man who died following ‘altercation’ in Broadland Business Park car park
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to a 39-year-old man who died following an 'altercation' in a car park.
Richard Sowerbutts suffered a head injury at Broadland Business Park in Norwich on Friday, October 13, and died four days later.
His friends have taken to social media to pay their respects to the furniture installer, who lived in Chorley, Lancashire.
Friend Andy Gibson said on Facebook: 'RIP Saz, a top guy who always managed to put a smile on everyone's face. Thoughts are with family and his family of friends.'
Efforts have been made to raise funds to give Mr Sowerbutts the 'send-off he deserves'.
Posting on Facebook, Andrew Ingham said: 'As you are now aware, Saz recently passed away.
'Obviously everybody is devastated by this news and a few of us thought it may be a good idea for his friends to make a donation to a fund that has been set up to pay some of the costs towards giving him the send-off and funeral that he deserves.'
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
It is understood Mr Sowerbutts was working in Norfolk in the days leading up to his death.
His profile stated he was 'setting up another new store' in Norwich.
Norfolk Police said a man in his 30s was arrested in connection with the incident, but has since been released under investigation.
The inquest into Mr Sowerbutts' death opened in Norwich on Friday, October 27.
Assistant coroner Johanna Thompson said he was taken Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after suffering a head injury.
She told the hearing: 'The circumstances are that on Friday, 13 October, Mr Sowerbutts was involved in an altercation which resulted in him falling to the ground.'
She said he died four days later on October 17. The medical cause of death was recorded as a head injury.
The inquest will resume in January.
Norfolk Police said the altercation happened in the car park of Broadland Business Park at around 11.15pm.
Officers were called to the scene around 10 minutes later to reports that a man had collapsed
To give a tribute email firstname.lastname@example.org