Runners mark bistro’s milestone with 10km charity dash
It has been 10 years since The Old Rock Shop Bistro opened in Cromer, so a group of friends decided to get physical to celebrate.
The group, who are all members of the FFMA Gym in the seaside resort town, ran an early-morning 10km course to mark the milestone.
They also raised £50 for Seaview Pre-school, which is based at the Cromer's North Lodge Park. Staff at the bistro have agreed to equal the sum, which will go towards a fund for new outdoor play equipment.
Ruth Hedge, personal trainer at the gym, said: 'The bistro has been the finishing point of our Sunday morning run for years as we've trained for different races. It seemed fitting that we chose our own 10-kilometre race course for each one of their 10 anniversary years.'
She said her 11-year-old daughter Lizzie, also ran the full course, and the run ended with a breakfast at the bistro.
You may also want to watch:
To donate to the pre-school, contact the manager Sandra Sayer on 01263 514028.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 10 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich