Friends join forces to share their passion for dance through new party and production company
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
They have performed on stages all over the world, and now two Beccles dancers have joined together to launch their own company and share their passion.
Joe Hardy and Lizzie Stanley met when they first joined the Beccles-based Dance Factory at around the age of four, taking classes in tap, modern, disco and ballet.
The pair met again when they worked as waitresses at the same restaurant, before touring separately around the UK and the world, taking on a number of dance roles with professional companies and on cruise ships.
Now having returned to Suffolk, and with Miss Hardy ready to go back to work after taking some time out to have a baby, the duo have brought their passion for music and dance together to launch Jo-Li Dance Parties and Productions.
Miss Stanley, 24, said: 'There are two strands to our business, the first part which we've launched is to offer personalised dance parties which are suitable for children and adults, so we can do themed parties which are based around a child's favourite song as well as things like hen parties.
You may also want to watch:
'The other side is to give professional dancers from this area the opportunity to perform in the world of corporate entertainment, and at weddings and events.
'Because of our professional background we know we can do it well and we can adapt it for all ages and abilities to create a bespoke party for our clients.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
'We feel like this is an area of entertainment which hasn't yet been fully explored in this area.'
The pair are responsible for providing the music, props and prizes, and can also help recommend venues for the parties to be held.
Miss Hardy, 29, who now lives in Lowestoft, said: 'Kids love music, jumping around and being a little bit crazy and that's what it is all about.
'It's great for their fitness and it also helps them socialise and grow their confidence while having fun.
'And it's nice for us to share our passion for dance with other people.'
To find out more and ask for a price list and party guide, email email@example.com or search for Jo-Li Dance Parties & Productions on Facebook.