Fressingfield dog walk raises more than �3,500 for Help for Heroes
Supporters of Fressingfield's New Year charity dog walk gathered to celebrate the result of the 2012 edition of the annual event.
This year's walk raised almost �3,600 for Help for Heroes
Event organizer Carol Wyatt said: 'We chose to support Help for Heroes because the sponsorship funds are used to provide facilities and support services for our wounded British servicemen and women. We are delighted that the result was nearly �1,000 more than last year.'
'We are so grateful to the dogs, Clarence the Llama, the walkers, sponsors, and supporters Budgens of Harleston, and Fressingfield Stores, And of course our hosts Mat and Sam at The Swan. Now we are looking forward to our 19th dog walk on New Years Day 2013!'
The Fressingfield New Year's Day dog walk has raised well over �58,000 for charity since it began.
The 2012 event saw over 150 walkers, fifty dogs, and Clarence the Llama, complete the 5-mile circular route. Registration for the 2013 event is now open on 01379 586225 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 7 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 8 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK