Free summer firework displays on Great Yarmouth and Hemsby seafront
- Credit: Archant
A season of summer fireworks bursts into life over Great Yarmouth seafront on Wednesday night.
The displays are a major draw for tourists, day trippers and locals alike during the main holiday season.
The fireworks begin on Wednesday night in Great Yarmouth and displays will take place every Wednesday until August 30.
There is live entertainment at the Sealife Centre Gardens from 8pm, seafront attractions are open late and the fireworks begin at 10pm – with grandstand views from the Esplanade and piers.
In Hemsby the displays start next Tuesday and will be weekly at 10pm until August 29.
The fireworks at Great Yarmouth and at nearby Hemsby are funded by the Greater Yarmouth Tourism and Business Improvement Area (GYTABIA) as part of its drive to attract more tourists.
GYTABIA also supports the fireworks at Gorleston Clifftop Festival on July 30.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed