Free show in Norwich puts a spotlight on the issues of asylum and exile
- Credit: supplied by Norfolk and Norwich Festival
A free masked theatre performance will put the issues of asylum and exile into the spotlight this week.
The show We Meet In Paradise will be performed outside The Forum in Norwich on Wednesday and Thursday evening as part of the Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
Created by Berlin-based TheatreFragile, the show aims to bring unheard voices to the fore and will have real stories of people who have recently moved to Norfolk at its heart.
After the performance there will be a short installation and the audience will have the chance to listen to conversations between TheatreFragile and refugees and support workers from Norfolk.
TheatreFragile previously performed different versions of the show in Germany and France.
You may also want to watch:
We Meet In Paradise will take place on Wednesday and Thursday at 8.30pm outside The Forum.
The event is free and part of the festival's Tarmac Outdoor Programme.
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 10 Horse dies two months after being set on fire