Free show in Norwich puts a spotlight on the issues of asylum and exile
- Credit: supplied by Norfolk and Norwich Festival
A free masked theatre performance will put the issues of asylum and exile into the spotlight this week.
The show We Meet In Paradise will be performed outside The Forum in Norwich on Wednesday and Thursday evening as part of the Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
Created by Berlin-based TheatreFragile, the show aims to bring unheard voices to the fore and will have real stories of people who have recently moved to Norfolk at its heart.
After the performance there will be a short installation and the audience will have the chance to listen to conversations between TheatreFragile and refugees and support workers from Norfolk.
TheatreFragile previously performed different versions of the show in Germany and France.
You may also want to watch:
We Meet In Paradise will take place on Wednesday and Thursday at 8.30pm outside The Forum.
The event is free and part of the festival's Tarmac Outdoor Programme.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall