Free pianos from Kings College concert available for music students in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
More than 20 pianos, collectively worth £50,000, are being given away to schools and community groups across the region.
There will be 21 pianos, all involved in a concert at Kings College Chapel, Cambridge, available.
The pianos are being given away by Cookes Pianos of Norwich and their Cambridge sister store, Millers Music, as they celebrate their 130th and 160th anniversaries respectively.
Schools, community centres, churches and other education institutions across Suffolk can apply to receive one of the instruments via www.millersmusic.co.uk/21pianos. The closing date is March 12.
Simon Pollard, managing director at Millers and Cookes, said: 'We hope that giving away all 21 pianos used in the performance to schools and community groups will help to inspire and support more music students in our region. We're passionate about giving young people the opportunity to learn, play and enjoy music.'
The only cost will be delivery at £150+VAT.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 8 Three cars crash near Swainsthorpe on Norwich Road
- 9 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
- 10 NCFC LIVE: City kickstart busy festive period at Spurs