Free guided tour of Swaffham Museum offered at tomorrow’s Swaffham Speaks coffee morning
Swaffham Museum will offer a free guided tour as part of its regular Swaffham Speaks coffee morning tomorrow, Wednesday June 6.
Visitors will be treated to a tour of the museum which features displays about Swaffham man Howard Carter and his discovery of Tutankahamun's tomb, collections of local archaeological finds, social history artefacts, and a new oral history telephone featuring recorded reminiscences from local residents.
Sian Hogarth, heritage development officer, said: 'This is a wonderful opportunity for local people to discover what their town museum has in store for them, whilst meeting new people, catching up with old friends and seeing some familiar faces – both in person and in our collections.'
The tour will be followed by free refreshments in the museum's learning studio and a chance to mardle about Swaffham past and present.
Visitors can look through museum archives and scrapbooks, bring their own photos and memorabilia for staff to record, and add their memories to the new Swaffham: Within Living Memory sound archive.
You may also want to watch:
The tour will begin at 10.15am, meeting in the museum foyer. Call the museum on 01760 721230.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 6 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray