Free fun day brings families closer to nature
- Credit: Archant
A park volunteer group have encouraged family to 'go wild' with a free fun day in a Norwich park.
The friends of Waterloo Park organised a free fun day for families.
Activities included tree identification, nature trains and the chance to get up close to some rescued animals such as birds, owls and giant snails.
The Roberts family from Taneger Close said: "We loved getting close to nature" while the Heartup family from Thorpe St Andrew said: "A great outdoor experience and the sunshine has made it even better"
The George family of Wild Road said: "It's a blessing living near this Park and we've enjoyed nature activities today. It's great that there's no extra costs and it's very friendly."
You may also want to watch:
The event was held to coincide with Norfolk Wildlife Trust's '30 Day's Wile' campaign which encourages children and adults to go outside for random acts of wildness this June.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler