Free event helping Norfolk’s creative businesses promote themselves on the world stage
- Credit: submitted
Creative businesses, musicians and other types of artists in Norfolk can gain an insight into how they can promote themselves to the wider world at a special event on Monday.
On the day of the official launch of this year's Norwich Sound and Vision festival, Norwich Arts Centre is hosting a free UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) roadshow that aims to give creative professionals advice on how to make the most of opportunities available to them at two key international events in the world of music, film and interactive technology. They are Midem, a music industry event in Cannes, France, and South by Southwest (SXSW), a music, film and interactive conference in Texas, America.
Norwich Sound and Vision director Adrian Cooke said: 'If you are involved in the music business or creative industries, SXSW and Midem are two big events to have in your diary. The UKTI roadshow event on Monday is for people to find out what it is like at these events and how to get the most out of them. It's about how to go from Norwich to the rest of the world. If you are ready to enter new markets these events are a really good way to put yourself in front of new audiences and potential business partners.'
He said people could also find out about possible funding opportunities available.
Guest speakers on Monday will include Una Johnston, from SXSW, Javier Lopez, from Midem, and UKTI music industry specialist Phil Patterson.
You may also want to watch:
The UKTI roadshow event will be followed by the official launch party for Norwich Sound and Vision 2013, a three-day festival that showcases rising stars of the music scene and hosts a conference programme spanning the music, film and television and digital industries. The festival is from October 10 to 12. At Monday's launch people will be able to find out about the festival line-up and enjoy performances by Heart of a Dog, Mat Riviere, Crystal Bats, and 2012 Next Big Thing winner Raevennan Husbandes.
• The free UKTI Roadshow: SXSW and Midem Briefing is on Monday at 4.30pm at Norwich Arts Centre. To register for the free event visit www.norwichartscentre.co.uk
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 6 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
• The free Norwich Sound and Vision launch party at Norwich Arts Centre on Monday starts at 8.30pm.
• Visit www.norwichsoundandvision.co.uk