Fourth house fire in north Norwich in a week
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Investigators are treating a flat fire in Hellesdon on Friday as arson.
Fire and police services were called to Philadelphia Lane at 3.20pm after reports of smoke in the downstairs flat.
Norfolk police confirmed the fire will be treated as arson.
The fire is now out and nobody was hurt but there is smoke damage to the building.
It is the fourth house fire in six days in the north city area.
You may also want to watch:
Although police said it is too early to link the latest blaze to the other three this week.
Officers have, however, been exploring the connections between a fire on Constitution Hill between midnight and 12.35am on Sunday, Shipfield Road between 1am and 1.40am the same day and on Thursday at 3am in St Clements Hill.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Hot property - Homes selling just days after being on market
Anyone with information should call police on 101.