Four-vehicle crash on A47 at Acle among series of crashes tonight
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
Police have been called to a series of crashes in the county tonight.
The East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) have been on scene at two of the crashes this evening where people sustained injuries - although it is not known how seriously they were hurt.
A spokesman in the Norfolk police control room said ambulance crews were on scene with police in crashes at Watton and Carleton St Peter.
Police and ambulance were called to a two vehicle crash at Norwich Road, Watton, at just after 6.10pm tonight. A fire crew from Watton was also called and provided casualty care, assisted the ambulance and helped make the scene safe. They also provided vehicle stabilisation.
The spokesman said there were injuries although the matter was still ongoing.
The ambulance service was also in attendance at a two car crash at Carleton St Peter which happened just after 5.30pm. A fire crew from Loddon also attended and assisted the ambulance and police and made the vehicle and scene safe.
Meanwhile officers were directing traffic following a four vehicle crash which happened just after 6pm tonight on New Road in Acle and has resulted in queuing traffic in both directions at the Halvergate turn-off.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 7 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 8 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?
A section of the southbound carriageway of the A11 just south of Snetterton was closed for a period after a car went into a ditch at about 6pm. Two fire appliances from Attleborough and East Harling assisted the police and made the vehicles and scene safe.
There were also reports of another incident at Wroxham Road in Sprowston this evening.
At just after 6.30pm tonight a fire crew from Thetford attended a car which had ended up in a garden having gone into a wall on Norwich Road. The crew made the scene safe.
The crashes follow a spate of incidents earlier today, the worst of which happened on the A140 at Roughton where the road was closed for nearly five hours following a crash involving 12 vehicles.