Four men bailed following illegal rave in Thetford
Four men have been released on police bail following an illegal rave in Thetford.
Two men, aged 21 and 23, from Waltham Cross, and a 21-year-old man from Wisbech were bailed until November 15, and a 23-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds was bailed until October 17.
Police were tipped off just before 7am on Sunday and made a number of arrests and seized a substantial amount of sound equipment. It is thought the rave had been going on all night and about 200 people were involved.
Following the arrests, Superintendent Paul Sanford said: 'Events such as these will not be tolerated in the county.
'We will continue to take positive action whenever possible when future unlicensed music events take place.'
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: 'Police would like to take this opportunity to re-appeal to landowners and the general public to remain vigilant and to immediately report any incursions onto property by people who may be intent on holding a rave.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets