Four hospitalised and seriously injured after crash
- Credit: Archant
Four people were hospitalised with one driver left with serious back, arm, and leg injuries after a crash which closed a road for 10 hours.
Norfolk Police are appealing for witnesses to the crash which happened at around 5.30pm on Wednesday on the B1108 Norwich Road near Watton.
Officers said a white VW Polo travelling towards Watton and a black VW Sharan going in the opposite direction towards Scoulton, crashed near to the Cuckoo Lane junction.
The female driver of the Polo was airlifted to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with serious back, arm and leg injuries.
The woman driving the Sharan and two passengers, a man and a woman, were also taken to hospital with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The road was shut by police for more than 10 hours, opening at around 3.45am this morning.
A spokesman for the police said: 'Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the manner of driving of either vehicle prior to the collision or has dash-cam footage of the incident.
- 1 Coast path's 33-mile revamp would open up new walking route
- 2 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 3 Welcome to our new website
- 4 Excitement mounts ahead of proposed return for Norwich City at Luton
- 5 Confirmed: Three households can form Christmas bubble to spend festive period together
- 6 Canaries legend Justin Fashanu could have street named after him
- 7 Cromer teenager supports local charities
- 8 Stoke City 2-3 Norwich City: Buendia red card, Krul injury but Canaries stay top of the Championship
- 9 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 10 Farke fears Krul out for weeks
'They should contact PC Andy Miles at Swaffham Roads Armed Policing Team on 101 or email email@example.com quoting reference 295 of January 2.'