Four fire engines tackle farm machinery blaze at Shipdham
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services beat back a blaze in a field at Shipdham, near Dereham, after farm machinery caught fire this afternoon.
Four pumps, from Dereham, Wymondham and Holt, were needed to tackle the flames when a baler and harvester caught alight in a field off Letton Road.
A patch of uncut straw also required being put out by firemen.
Police attended the scene to help make the area safe and were also required to control traffic due to smoke over the road.
The fire service received a call at 12.23pm and had put out the fire by 1.41pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault