Founder of Norfolk and Norwich Novi Sad Association Diana Beckley died after tripping over Serbian art gallery steps
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2010
A founding member of the Norfolk and Norwich Novi Sad Association died after going into a coma following a fall at an art gallery.
An inquest on November 15 heard that Diana Beckley, 84, from Star Lane in Rockland St Mary, died on September 22 - the day after a visit to Sombor Art Gallery, Serbia.
Senior coroner Jacqueline Lake concluded the cause of Mrs Beckley's death was an accidental fall.
There were no members of the 84-year-old's family present at the inquest but evidence was read out from the retired teacher's husband, Peter, and two doctors.
Mr Beckley said the couple visited the gallery with members of the Norfolk and Norwich Novi Sad Association.
You may also want to watch:
He said his wife had tripped over the top of two steps and hit her head.
The fall happened at 1.30pm and Mrs Beckley was unconscious for a few minutes.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 6 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 7 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 8 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 9 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 10 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
She went into a coma at a Serbian hospital around 3pm on September 21 and died at 11.30pm the following day.