Founder of Norfolk and Norwich Novi Sad Association Diana Beckley died after tripping over Serbian art gallery steps
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2010
A founding member of the Norfolk and Norwich Novi Sad Association died after going into a coma following a fall at an art gallery.
An inquest on November 15 heard that Diana Beckley, 84, from Star Lane in Rockland St Mary, died on September 22 - the day after a visit to Sombor Art Gallery, Serbia.
Senior coroner Jacqueline Lake concluded the cause of Mrs Beckley's death was an accidental fall.
There were no members of the 84-year-old's family present at the inquest but evidence was read out from the retired teacher's husband, Peter, and two doctors.
Mr Beckley said the couple visited the gallery with members of the Norfolk and Norwich Novi Sad Association.
You may also want to watch:
He said his wife had tripped over the top of two steps and hit her head.
The fall happened at 1.30pm and Mrs Beckley was unconscious for a few minutes.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 4 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
She went into a coma at a Serbian hospital around 3pm on September 21 and died at 11.30pm the following day.