Former Southend health chief Melanie Craig appointed leader of Great Yarmouth and Waveney CCG
- Credit: Archant
A new health chief has been appointed to the Great Yarmouth and Waveney area.
Melanie Craig will become chief officer of Great Yarmouth and Waveney Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), after spending four years in charge of Southend CCG.
Her appointment represents a return to her roots as she was born and brought up in Suffolk.
She began her job yesterday - replacing former boss Andy Evans.
Ms Craig joined the NHS in 1999 and held a number of senior leadership roles, as well as specialising in health inequalities.
You may also want to watch:
Prior to joining Southend CCG she spent seven years working in Suffolk where she was director of primary care with the primary care trust, before helping to set up Ipswich and East Suffolk CCG as its chief operating officer.
She said: 'I am delighted to be returning to my home county to join Great Yarmouth and Waveney CCG.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days