Former member of Paramore releases new music video featuring the Suffolk coast
- Credit: Zachary Dyke
With stunning seaside scenery and traditional charm the region's seaside towns are no stranger to appearances in front of the lens.
From the award-winning film Iris, starring Judi Dench and Kate Winslet, to popular comedy-sketch television show Little Britain- the region's shoreline has provided an idyllic backdrop to many a video production.
Once again filmmakers have been attracted to our treasured shoreline with Aldeburgh and Southwold featuring in a music video accompanying Walkways- the latest single by international musician Farro.
Farro, also known as Josh Farro formerly of American rock band Paramore, has partnered GoPro- with the company's handheld devices being sent to 'our friends around the world to show their 'walkways' ', Farro explains.
One of these friends was Hertfordshire based website designer David Hill, who used the opportunity to return to his favourite seaside retreat, he explained: 'I was asked by Farro's manager Andy Friday, who is a friend of mine, if I would film some footage for the video.
You may also want to watch:
'I used to holiday in Southwold and the surrounding area as a child and I regularly do the Southwold Adnams 10k run so I immediately chose Southwold to be featured in my 'walkways'.'
Mr Hill, 42, shot his 'walkways' footage in March this year, using a head strap to attach the camera while walking on the beaches of Southwold and Aldeburgh to capture a first person view- which he believes match the lyrics of the song.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
Josh Farro said: 'I am extremely happy with the outcome. The shots of Southwold definitely add to the video- such a beautiful place.
'My manager Andy came up with the idea. He thought it would be cool for our friends around the world to show their 'walkways'. It suits the song because it's all about how I've seen so many places in the world, and I wanted to capture that visually.'
Farro is set to entertain fans in Norwich when he performs at the Waterfront Studio on November 17.
Can you spot Southwold and Aldeburgh in Walkways' video?: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP8-XZuPF6E
To book tickets for Farro's performance at the Waterfront Studio visit: