Former Lacon’s Brewery beer drinkers invited to trip down memory lane in Yarmouth
Beer drinkers in Norfolk who remember Lacon's Brewery are invited to take a trip down memory lane on Saturday.
The Great Yarmouth brewery could trace its origins back to 1640 but was taken over in 1965 and closed in 1968.
Retired vicar and brewery historian, Rev'd Eric Dor�, from Wrentham, near Beccles, is trying to put together a dossier of the beers brewed by Lacon's and is looking for help from those who actually drank the beer.
Memories can be shared with the historian at Blackfriars Brewery, Main Cross Yard, Yarmouth from around midday to 2pm.
Blackfriars will soon be brewing '44', a special 4.4pc beer to mark the 44-year anniversary of Lacon's last brew.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 6 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray