Former Great Yarmouth man appears before Norwich magistrates accused of armed robbery at Beccles jewellers
A man accused of robbing a jewellers of £47,000 worth of goods while armed with an imitation sawn-off shotgun has appeared in court.
Aaron Knights, 24, formerly of York Road in Great Yarmouth, is accused of robbery at Copperfield Jewellers in Beccles.
He is alleged to have stolen the jewellery from the shop in New Market at about 4pm on Friday, September 16.
Knights is also facing charges of possessing an imitation firearm while carrying out the robbery and of being in possession of cannabis on Thursday, November 10 - the date he was arrested at St Ives in Cambridgeshire.
Knights appeared before Norwich Magistrates Court this morning. No pleas were entered and he was remanded in custody to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday, December 12.
You may also want to watch:
A number of other people were also arrested in connection with the robbery.
Kerron Turner, 25, of York Road in Great Yarmouth has been charged in connection with robbery. He is in custody and is due to appear at Norwich Crown Court on Wednesday, November 30.
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 4 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 5 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
He has also been charged with burglary, after three Range Rovers were stolen from a car dealership in Halesworth between 9pm on Tuesday, September 27 and 6.45am on Wednesday, September 28.
A 20-year-old man and a 19-year-old man, both from Gorleston, remain on bail. They are due to answer bail on Monday, December 19.
A 21-year-old woman, who was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender, has been given a caution for obstructing/resisting police in the execution of their duty.
No further action will be taken against a 26-year-old man who was arrested.