Former Great Yarmouth guest house owner Frances Roberts celebrates 100th birthday
- Credit: Archant
A landmark birthday has been celebrated when Great Yarmouth girl Frances Roberts turned 100.
Mrs Roberts, who used to run a guest house on Britannia Road in Great Yarmouth, celebrated her 100th birthday on Wednesday, surrounded by family and friends.
Muriel Gale, 101, the chief bridesmaid at her wedding and school friend Norah Gough, 99, were among the guests joining her at Park House care home on the big day, as she opened her telegram from the Queen with a beaming smile.
She married Charles Roberts at the age of 23, and the pair went on to have three children together, Janet, Anne and Josie.
She grew up in Great Yarmouth, attending St Louis Convent High School, before moving to Caister with her husband in the 1960s.
You may also want to watch:
She now has six grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
'The secret to a long life is to always be good and laugh a lot,' she said.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price