Former Australian footballer Archie Thompson wears Norwich City Christmas jumper on Australian football show Thursday Night Shootout
- Credit: ThursdayNightShootOut/Fox
They may be common sight on the people of Norfolk but now it seems that Norwich City Christmas jumpers are also popular across the other side of the world.
Former Australian footballer Archie Thompson was spotted wearing his very own Canaries festive jumper whilst appearing on the Australian television show Thursday Night Shootout.
The 38-year-old sported the jumper, which shows Father Christmas wearing a Canaries hat, whilst appearing on the punditry show alongside former Aston Villa keeper Mark Bosnich and Ante Covic.
On the show Thompson said he had been a fan of the Canaries since his friend Adrian Leijer made four appearances for City during a loan spell in 2009.
But Thompson admitted that it wasn't exactly the case.
You may also want to watch:
'To be honest I got given the jumper to wear for the show,' said Thompson.
'I'm actually not a supporter but if I was a supporter it was the jumper that would of converted me not the actual football team,' he joked.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 6 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
Thompson currently holds the all-time scoring record in the Hyundai A-League in Australia and he also holds the world record for the most goals scored in a single international match after he netted a staggering 13 in Australia's 31-0 win against American Samo in 2001.
The Canaries shop offers an array of Christmas inspired merchandise including wrapping paper, Christmas trees and crackers.