Ford Focus RS hits 2,300 orders ahead of UK launch
- Credit: Ford
Ford is accelerating into the new year with 2,300 UK orders for the all-new Ford Focus RS ahead of deliveries of the 165mph machine in spring.
Buyers have pored over brochures and equipment lists since the all-new Focus RS performance car's £29,995 price was announced in September.
Nine out of 10 have specified the optional luxury pack, including power-fold door mirrors, rear parking sensors, Ford KeyFree System, cruise control and privacy glass, and also the Ford SYNC2 navigation and premium sound system.
Most popular of the five different colour finishes is nitrous blue, chosen by 61%, with frozen white attracting 15% and shadow black 10%.
And 85% have ordered the optional blue-painted brake callipers and 19in black forged alloy wheels.
Andy Barratt, Ford of Britain chairman and managing director, said: 'Care and attention is being given by Focus RS buyers to make sure their car has exactly the desired specification.
'More than half of buyers want the most expensive item on the extras list – Recaro RS shell front seats. Most are owners of previous RS models, which were all similarly personalised.'
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 4 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 5 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 6 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 7 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
- 8 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 9 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 10 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
The all-new Ford Focus RS is a technological powerhouse featuring Ford Performance All-Wheel Drive with Dynamic Torque Vectoring and Launch Control technology which boosts it from rest to 62mph in 4.7 seconds.
The new 2.3-litre EcoBoost engine shares its fundamental structure with the all-aluminium four-cylinder engine in the all-new Ford Mustang but delivers 10% more power.
The Ford Mustang itself is recording impressive sales figures – 2,650 right-hand-drive Mustangs have been ordered so far by UK customers, with customer deliveries under way.