Five a side football to fight prostate cancer
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich man is organising a five a side tournament to support Prostate Cancer UK after his grandfather died of the disease.
Steven Turner, 41 from Norwich, along with friends and business customers, are hoping to raise over £3,000 from the free all-day event, that will also provide food, drink and plenty of fundraising activities, to help stop prostate cancer being a killer.
Mr Turner was inspired after his grandfather passed away from prostate cancer in October 2018.
Steven said: 'I wasn't aware of prostate cancer before my grandad was diagnosed and the news came as a real shock. I now want to do what I can to make other people aware of this disease, that 1 in 8 men will get at some point in their lifetime.
'Several of the team members involved in the event are from local garages, some of whom have never kicked a ball.'
You may also want to watch:
The event will be on Sunday 26th May at the FDC Clover Hill in Bowthorpe, Norwich. Email email@example.com to get involved.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 6 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 7 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 8 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 9 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 10 Missing man found by off-duty police officer