WATCH: Thrill-seekers take to the skatepark for official opening
- Credit: Archant
This exhilarating footage captures skaters, BMX bikers and scooter riders of all ages enjoying the town's new skatepark.
On Sunday (May 5), the Beccles Town Council and Beccles Skatepark Community officially opened skatepark on Common Lane South, Beccles.
Thrill-seekers of all ages descended onto the park to flaunt their skate tricks on the freshly laid ramp.
On the day, Beccles youth champion and skate store owner, said: 'It is great just to see everyone down here, and see everyone hyped on it.'
Since 2015, the Beccles Skatepark Community and Beccles Town Council were the driving force behind replacing the ageing wooden skatepark.
You may also want to watch:
The £150,000 development was initially expected to open in March, but after some minor delays to the initial build it was delayed.
Nik Rose, skatepark community chairman, said: 'It still doesn't feel real, I think everyone still feels the same - that it will disappear.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 9 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 10 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says