Foodie Friday: Treat yourself this weekend with three delectable dessert recipes
- Credit: Great British Chefs
This weekend treat your friends and family to three decadent desserts with recipes from Great British Chefs.
For you this week, we have three dessert recipes to satisfy your sweet tooth which are Tom Aikens' poached strawberries with mint and champagne, Paul Heathcote's crepes suzette, and a hot passion fruit sorbet from Mark Jordan.
Tom Aikens' is a well known Norfolk chef, who has featured a lot in our Foodie Friday feature. His attention to detail, and intense concentration on few ingredients has earned him five AA culinary award rosettes, and one Michelin star. Tom's restaurant, Tom's Kitchen, was also featured at number eight in the top fifty restaurants in the world.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Heathcote started cooking in his early teens, experimenting with pre-cooked meals left by his mother as she went to work. He then went on to study domestic science at school, before studying Catering at Bolton Technical College. Paul's career has included working in Switzerland, Sharrow Bay Hotel in Ullswater, The Connaught in Mayfair, London and Le Manoir aux Quat Saisons.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
Mark Jordan currently has a highly successful hotel eatery in Ocean Restaurant, and another on the way. Mark is also head chef of one of the two Michelin-starred establishments in Jersey. Paul currently holds four AA culinary accolade rosettes, and four Michelin rosettes. He is know for his 'honest fad-free' food, which is as eclectic as it is irresistible.
Click on the links at the top right of the page to view each recipe.
Check back every Friday to see what culinary delights the Great British Chefs suggest next.
Are you going to attempt any of the recipes from today? We would love to see your photos and videos, so please send them to us via www.norfolk.iwitness24.co.uk