Feared stolen church foodbank donations were taken in 'honest error'
- Credit: Google maps
Fears a church had foodbank donations stolen were quelled when members realised it was a "strange mistake".
The items were collected by the community's harvest festival to be donated to local food banks.
But Rev Adrian Watkins said it later transpired there was a "mix-up" with a school food collection and the festival collection being picked up by someone at the foodbank.
"It was a strange mistake," Rev Watkins said.
He added: "We were struck by the concern of everyone in the community when they heard about it, but we're very relieved to know there was just a misunderstanding, and food has now safely reached its destination of the food bank."
A police spokesperson confirmed it was an error and said the appeal has been removed.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer